Sunday, May 17, 2009

Beach Bums

So, I have been meaning to post these forever, but if you saw my last post, you will know we have all been sicker than dogs (where does that expression come from?) for the last six weeks, and after working on a computer during the day, caring for sick kids, and doing loads of laundry, blogging just hasn't been appealing (sorry, it's true). More it's a time factor--downloading & formatting photos, logging on, then having to catch up on everyone else's blog. So, if you're upset that I haven't looked at your blog in six weeks and haven't a clue what's going on in your life, I'm sorry. Call me on the phone (preferably while I'm trying to cook dinner and man-handle screaming, hungry children out of the kitchen). Okay, I digress.

Anyway, most of you know we did not take Dennis on the cursed puking trip to beautiful Newport Beach. Meaning what? No photographer! The few pics I tried with his fancy camera just didn't work out, so I stuck to my cheap-o point & shoot (yes, digital) camera, and did okay. I did realize that I only have one picture of Shaylee sticking her tongue out at me. She was there, promise, but mostly sun bathing (and she did spend a day at Disneyland for her dance performance). We're hoping to find another weekend this summer to go back, but as my kids get older, my summers just seem to fill up. Anyway, other than the puking, we had a great trip, and I sure have cute kids!!!





My neighbor Rebecca & her son Luke:




Rebecca's daughter Alicia (and Aspen's best friend). Can you tell these girls love sand?
=


Check out my boys! Devin is sooo good with Connor, and Connor was a wave kamikaze--the cold water didn't faze him a bit. He just ran straight in and did not want to come out. He loved it!

The ill-fated trip to the tide pools:


Wednesday was really windy, and when we got out to the beach on Thursday we found a cliff getting down to the water's edge. Connor thought it made an awesome sand slide and went down it over, and over, and over, and over.


Devin thought it was perfect for building a throne.



In the morning before it was warm enough to get out on the beach we enjoyed the playground by the pier.








Devin and I particularly enjoyed roller blading up and down the boardwalk. What a workout in the wind!
A parting shot of Luke licking every last drip out of his ice cream bowl during our traditional night out to the Old Spaghetti Factory.

2 comments:

Liz said...

It looks like you guys had some fun sandwiched in between the yuck! I'm glad that the weather was good while you were there!

Brown Family said...

Definitely, and I decided if I was going to have sick kids, I'd rather be at the beach than stuck in Utah where it was SNOWING during spring break. :)