Saturday, September 13, 2008

13 September 2008

So as many of you have noticed, it's been almost a month since my last post. Sorry! It's been a little insane (but good) since school started. We've obviously been getting "back in a routine," and it's working really well for us, but by the end of the day I'm often so exhausted that I just drop into bed rather than hop on the computer to blog or something.

So what is this fun schedule, you ask, that is keeping me crazy and running throughout the week? Well let's give a brief rundown . . .

Every morning we are up between 6 & 6:30 a.m. I feed Connor & make breakfast while Shaylee & Devin get ready for school. We then have scripture study from 7:30 a.m. and then the kids are off to school around 7:35 a.m. Then I shower & get ready before Aspen gets up at 8 a.m. (sometimes sooner). We get her ready for preschool MWF or dance on Tuesday or babysitter on Thursday while I head to work. Aspen goes to preschool at 9 & Connor naps while I get the house picked up, laundry started, and a couple hours of work done. Aspen is home at 11:30 a.m. and we usually head to the park for a half hour before lunch. We have lunch around noon and then it's nap time/quiet time at 1 p.m. I work until the older kids get home between 2:30 & 3 p.m. Then we hear about their day, help with homework, have reading time, etc. Then we have afternoon activities before I get dinner ready and we prepare for the evening. Monday is of course FHE, Devin has soccer on Tuesday and Dennis often has planning commission, Shaylee has YW & Devin has scouts on Wednesday, Shaylee has dance on Thursday, and Friday is open. Soccer games Saturday morning, yard work & house cleaning (and these days an afternoon of BYU Football, but don't bring it up with Dennis because it hasn't been on TV for two weeks in a r0w). Any questions? YIKES!

Can I just say that Devin has been an absolute angel the last few weeks? He volunteers to take Aspen out and play with her while I get dinner ready, and it is such a help!!! Love you Dev!

More pics from Aspen's first day of school:



Aspen at the soccer game (soccer pics of Dev must be on my other camera):


No comments: