Wednesday, May 20, 2009

No Allergies

After another nightmare episodes with Aspen's eyes, we finally decided to get a referral to an allergist to find out what was causing her troubles. Alas, we went in today and he found nothing. Can you believe it?!? $200 to find out she has no allergies whatsoever (he tested grasses, trees, cats, dogs, dust, etc.). So what's causing it? We're still in the dark. He said the next time she has an episode to try to get her into an ophthalmologist and see if she has some sort of eye defect that causes any illness she gets to go straight to her eyes. Lovely. Here is a picture of her back where they did all the tests. She was so brave! She didn't even cry until they'd poked her about 7 or 8 out of about 15 times. The doctor did find that she had a severe ear infection in her left ear and prescribed an anti-inflammatory steroid to obviously reduce inflammation and hopefully help her ear and nose drain. She of course said her ear doesn't even hurt (although she was up several times last night with an earache). She is one tough cookie.

Connor is once again running a high fever, so my wonderful grandma drove down to stay with him while I took Aspen to the allergist. We don't know what's wrong, the doctor's don't know what's wrong, but he is one miserable boy. Mom needed a break, and Connor needed to get out of the house, so Dennis had Connor "help" him mow the lawn this evening:

3 comments:

Elena said...

We had that same test on Tuesday. We found out he has a slight allergy to grass. While I'm glad that he doesn't have any debilitating allergies, I'd like to know the source of his troubles. I

Shelly said...

Not fun! I mean it's good to know she's not allergic to these things, but not fun for all the unknown.

I've mowed the lawn like that before.

rui said...

hi:) nice to meet u guys.
Hope she will get better soon.
btw,i come from China. :)