Over the weekend, it swelled up to 3x its normal size, so I decided to take him to the doctor. The doctor did not think it was broken because of the swelling and bruising (he said that is more indicative of a sprain than a break), but he sent us for x-rays. We went to the Instacare where they did x-rays but did not see a break, so they sent it off to the radiologist. They said that sometimes because of the extent of the swelling it can cover a hairline fracture, so I would have to come back in 7-10 days for additional x-rays. It was still extremely swollen and bruised. I kept calling the Instacare to find out the radiology report. After 10 days, they reported that the x-rays were of too poor quality to be read. WHAT?!?
I immediately took him to the hospital for x-rays. They were read 24 hours later--my pediatrician called to say that it was in fact broken, and I would need to bring him in immediately for a cast (it had been two weeks since the initial fall). Poor guy! He was such a trooper!



















No comments:
Post a Comment