Happy Birthday Seth! My brother Seth turned 19 today--wahoo! Of course he missed school today because he got caught in that insane snowstorm yesterday and didn't make it back down to Cedar City. We got a foot of snow!!! Aspen really loved helping me shovel (of course she shovels with a garden spade).
We then enjoyed an evening at Tepanyaki for FHE and to celebrate the AWESOME report cards the kids brought home. Aspen especially enjoyed the fish tank.
On Thursday, I had my first experience as a member of the board of directors for the Utah Nonprofits Association. I am thrilled about the opportunity. Thankfully, Grandpa Pearson kept Aspen and Connor for me so I could attend. Luckily for Grandpa, Aspen didn't have her diarrhea blowout until we got home (she insisted on wearing panties but did use the toilet at Grandpa's house). Anyway, we got home and I was feeding Connor when she told me, "It was just a toot." Uh huh. Down her leg, out the bottom of her pants, all over her slippers. Yuck! I just threw the underwear away.
That night Dennis and I went to our birthing class reunion and had fun reconnecting with everyone from class, hearing their birth stories (one girl went natural for 30 hours, had an epidural for another 10 hours, then ended up having a C-section, ugh!). Anyway, that was a lot of fun.
On Friday, our next door neighbors went through the temple and were sealed for time and all eternity. We went to their house that night to celebrate their special day and their daughter Nikki's 3rd birthday. Woo hoo!
On Saturday, we spent the day with Ron & Jennifer Ashton selecting bridal photos for Jessica and putting together a beautiful memory album. I then attended a baby shower for Lana Mann, the wife of Dennis' good friend Justin. On Sunday we celebrated Grandma Brown's 65th birthday (she is now officially "of age"). The above picture is Aspen "ready for church" as she proclaimed herself in her underwear and snow boots. We did eventually get her in a dress.
Monday was Martin Luther King Jr. Day, so the kids were home from school. They enjoyed staying up late the night before and being lazy and playing in the snow all day. Connor also had his first visit to the chiropractor--we're hoping it will help with his reflux and pure hatred of his car seat. We'll see. Dennis has also been going to the chiropractor regularly since he took Jessica's bridal photos. We just learned he has slight scoliosis and pulled a rib out. Can I say painful? You can see here a picture of me trying to lift him to pop his back--it didn't work.
Today Aspen and Shaylee both started dance classes at the Academy of Dance Design on the corner by our house. They are darling! What fun!














1 comment:
Hi Shauna,
It's Janet. I found your blog through Shelly's and wanted to say hi and catch up again. I just started a blog at the urging of friends. There's not much there, but hopefully I can add some pictures this weekend.
http://simplyschooling.blogspot.com/
Janet
Post a Comment