The other big news of the week is that our van went kapoot (yes, that's the technical term). Luckily, we've been saving for a new car (although we were hoping to wait until spring), so when the transmission started to go, Dennis went to the auction and got us a 2000 Chevy Suburban (blue, leather seats, sun roof, VCR). It's very nice; used, obviously, but 8 passenger is heavenly. :) We'll see about the gas mileage.
Last Wednesday was absolutely insane! Luckily, Dennis has the flexibility to work from home at times. I had a meeting from 9-3, then scouts from 4:15-5:15, then a grant presentation from 6-6:30, then a cub committee meeting from 8:30-10 (which I skipped because of a migraine after that crazy day!). Shaylee enjoyed a pizza party at Young Women's, and with as little time as I had, everyone else had a pizza I picked up on the way home as well.
I have really enjoyed working with the Bears in scouts, although I can honestly say they have more energy in their little fingers than I have in my entire body at this point. We've had a fun month talking about cars (we're visiting a car dealership this week), but we're excited to celebrate the Chinese New Year and the Blue & Gold Banquet next month.
Connor went back to the chiropractor and Devin had an eye appointment on Thursday. Funny thing, they told him to wear the glasses he has more often. The problem is that he's farsighted, so he doesn't see a huge difference when he puts on his glasses, but his eyes get really tired if he doesn't wear them when he's reading (or playing video games, which have now been outlawed except on the weekend).
Shaylee was a sweetheart and babysat for the neighbors Friday night so they could attend ward temple night. I sweet-talked Dennis into keeping the other kids so I could go and take Marva (a woman I visit teach) with me. Marva doesn't like to drive at night, so it was a wonderful opportunity for her, and for me, to be in the temple together.
Saturday I trained all day for Project Read, and when I got home, Dennis (having been home with 4 kids all morning) was ready to walk out. We played games with our neighbors the Dolan's that night--I'm worried they might not come back if Dennis keeps beating them!
Sunday we had the opportunity to go see the life history of Grandma and Grandpa Burnett put together by Uncle Curt. What a sweet experience! We were particularly happy to get our own copy to share with our children in the future.
Monday we had quite the snowstorm, and Aspen came out right in the middle of it wearing a swimsuit and begging to go out and shovel. Where does she come up with these things? Monday night Devin had another basketball game, but it was late, so we just picked up shakes on the way home for FHE and then read scriptures together.
Aspen and Shaylee both had dance again today and Devin is at basketball practice. Aspen loves to dance and talks about it all the time, but 1 hour is a long time for a 2-year-old girl. Today I found her in the bathroom at dance class completely naked--she had to go to the bathroom and had to strip completely (leotard, tutu, tights, etc.) to go. It was hysterical! Check out this cute picture of her in her dance outfit.














No comments:
Post a Comment