Tuesday, February 19, 2008
Blackout
When I posted my blog on Sunday, I forgot to mention our eventful Wednesday night . . . we had a huge snowstorm that knocked out our power around 4:30 p.m. It came on again about 12:30 a.m. Thursday morning. Dennis was working in North Salt Lake; he left around 4:30 p.m. and it took him 5 1/2 hours to get home (he got home at 10 p.m.). YIKES! The kids and I had a fun time drinking hot chocolate (cooked on our camp stove) and eating cookies while we read scary stories under blankets. Our house got quite chilly, so the older two slept in sleeping bags in the living room with lots of extra blankets, and I bundled up Aspen and Connor before putting them to bed. I was relieved when Dennis finally made it home--the storm and winds were so bad that it was completely white and you couldn't see anything, so I was very worried about him driving. I had to drive down to the condos to pick up one of my scouts, and I almost got hit by a truck that couldn't see my Suburban, then I got turned around trying to go around the truck and could not figure out where I was because I couldn't see anything. Talk about terrifying! Luckily, we survived the ordeal, and Devin was especially thrilled that school started 3 hours late (at 11 a.m.) on Thursday. It makes me grateful for electricity (and 72-hour kits!).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)














No comments:
Post a Comment