Sunday, February 17, 2008

New First Presidency


On February 4, 2008, following President Gordon B. Hinckley's passing and subsequent funeral, Thomas S. Monson was announced as the sixteenth President of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, with Henry B. Eyring as First Counselor and Dieter F. Uchtdorf as Second Counselor. As I listened to their voices during the press conference, I was overwhelmed with a conviction that this is the true church of God. It is so nice that there was no question who would be the new president of the church. There was no "lobbying," so to speak for the position. This is the Lord's way, and I know Thomas S. Monson was called of God. I am grateful for my testimony and for his dedicated and worthy service that has prepared him to accept and fulfill this calling. I stand with millions of members worldwide in affirming that Jesus is the Christ and a living prophet stands at the head of His church.

No comments: