My sweet Shaylee Jean turned 14 this week--can you believe it!?! Her birthday was Monday and we celebrated by having family home evening with Jeremy & Cynthia (and of course Madison and Ryan!). It was a fun evening.
This year was her year for a "friend party," so Friday night we had 12 teenagers running around the house for several hours. They enjoyed pizza, cupcakes and ice cream, Dance, Dance Revolution, and "How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days." Best news of all: mom and dad survived! :-)

Then, last night, she got to attend her first stake dance (boy, does that make me feel old!). She had a great time, danced the night away (only one really cute boy, but the others were night), and made it home before midnight. Wahoo!I thought I would write a short tribute to my darling daughter. She has become an amazing and beautiful young woman. I can hardly believe it was over three years ago when she first entered our home as an awkward ten-year-old. Now she bears the confidence that only a teenager can possess. I am so proud of the decisions she is making in her life. She is such a helpful person--around the house, with her younger siblings, etc. She is also very personable and a great friend--she truly cares for her friends and wants what is best for them. She is studying hard and dedicated to her school work, which has paid off with straight A's two semesters in a row. Most importantly, her testimony is growing. She is active in the Young Women program and served valiantly as the Beehive President for two years. She is now a Mia Maid and looking forward to further spiritual growth.
I love you Shay!














No comments:
Post a Comment