Saturday, June 7, 2008

Vomit Fest

Well, poor Aspen is at it again. She started throwing up around 6 p.m. Thursday night, and the poor thing has been puking ever since. At first it was at least once an hour, if not more often (often two or three times an hour). Yesterday afternoon I called the doctor to ask when I should be concerned about dehydration. The nurse said if she has saliva, is still urinating, and has tears when she cries, then she's okay. Good signs to watch for. She hasn't thrown up since 11:15 p.m. last night, so we have our fingers crossed that we've seen the worst of it. We pulled a mattress in the living room and she's sleeping it off right now while everyone does chores around her. Poor thing! I just hope no one else gets it (so good so far).

Anyway, I just have to say that she is such a trooper. Aspen really is the best sick person in the house. She never complains, she never cries. When we ask if she wants something (like, "Do you need to throw up?") she just nods her head or points to the bucket. "Do you want me to read you a story?" Head nod. "Curious George?" Another nod. That's pretty much it. The night she got sick (before she started throwing up), I asked her if she wanted dinner, and she said (yes, this is a quote), "No, I don't feel like anything right now." Is she 2? Anyway, she is such a sweetheart, and we hope she gets feeling better soon!

Also, speaking of her amazing vocabulary/speaking ability, we have been working on the Articles of Faith with Devin. Aspen wanted to learn them as well. She already has the first one memorized and is working on the second. Whoa!

No comments: