We have been having a monthly Family Home Evening with some of Dennis' family, so my family decided to get in on the act. We now have a Brown FHE on the first Monday of the month, and a Pearson FHE on the third Monday of the month. Tonight was our first "official" Pearson FHE, and it was tons of fun. Grandma & Grandpa Pearson came down with Aunt Breezy & Great Grandma Burnett. They brought yummy lasagna and we had salad and homemade breadsticks and zucchini/squash and pineapple. Then we learned about Jesus blessing the children, sang songs, read scriptures, and then came the fun stuff.
We made Grandpa & Grandma feel "old" by sitting them down on our love seat and videotaping them talking about their life. What fun! Even I learned some things I didn't know (and Breezy was shocked that her parents were alive during the Civil Rights Movement and could actually remember Martin Luther King, Jr. giving his "I have a dream . . ." speech).
Then, we had to burn out the tree stump in our front yard, so Dennis has been digging about it, and drilling holes in it, and pouring lighter fluid in it, and then lit coals on it tonight. We roasted marshmallows and ate s'mores, and then we had a yummy (rich) chocolate truffle. Whoa!
What fun--we can't wait until next month!
Monday, September 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)














4 comments:
Cool! I wish our grandparents were close enough to do that.
I want pictures of the flaming stump!
How fun!! We used to do that with Jimmy's family when we lived in Utah and it was awesome!
And Holy Cow!! I've been catching up on your blog, and you HAVE been busy!! You're amazing- and so incredibly efficient!! I don't know how you're managing to work with all the other stuff you have going on- you're my hero!! Ü And I loved that tag... I didn't realize we were two years apart- I'm 27.
And I second the motion about wanting a picture of the flaming stump!!Ü
Sounds like lots of fun. Too bad we aren't there to join in. If you are interested there are plenty of tree stumps around here you could come and burn. Mark spent Sunday and Monday cutting down about a dozen trees.
You guys crack me up--there was no "flaming stump" because we used charcoal (birquettes), and if I'd had enough foresight I would have done dutch oven cobbler, but the S'mores were fun, and qualified it as a "recreational" fire. :)
Post a Comment