
Wednesday, March 11, 2009
Camelback
Hey Summer D.! Sorry these took so long to post. At the beginning of February, I went to Phoenix for a conference on teaching adults to read. I got to stay with my cute sister Summer and her husband Tyler, who moved to Phoenix last summer. I flew in Thursday night, went to the conference all day Friday, then all morning on Saturday. Then we went on a "short, easy hike" up Camelback, "The Mountain" in Phoenix. Well, it started as a walk on a paved road, then a rocky hike, then a rock climb to the peak. Phew! If you know my sister Summer, this is a huge accomplishment--she and Tyler hike practically every weekend, and this from a girl who HATES, and I do not use that term lightly, hiking. Anyway, we made it to the top (and back down) in time for me to shower and make it to the airport on time for my flight home. Hurrah! Here are our pics at the top of Camelback:


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

















No comments:
Post a Comment