Monday, March 23, 2009

Night Dance

Shaylee attended her first night dance at the junior high this past weekend. I took her and a group of girlfriends over to the school around 7:30 p.m., and another girl's parents brought them home just after 10:30 p.m. They had a blast! I was less nervous since the guy Shaylee likes is in high school and would not be attending this shindig.

Here's the best part of the story (reminiscent of my high school dating days). I get up at 4:30 a.m. on Saturday, so I was in bed by the time Shaylee got home (which is why I offered to drive them there at 7:30 p.m.--before my bed time), but I told Shaylee she had to wake me up and tell me all about it when she got home. Apparently she did, and I was awake and coherent and asked questions about every guy she danced with, etc. Of course, I did not remember any of this (except for her waking me up) the next day, when I obviously asked everything again. "I told you last night mom," Shaylee told me. "You did?!?" Oops. Now I know how my parents felt! "Did Shauna come in last night?" "I don't know . . ." One of those things you swear you'll never do.

Love you Shay! Isn't she beautiful?






No comments: