Not to sound prideful, but I have been proud of my domestic skills the last few weeks. I have been diligently helping Shaylee sew a skirt for her final value project for her Young Womanhood award, and it's turned out really well! I only had to call my mom a couple times in desperation because I couldn't read the pattern.
Then on Sunday, as we were getting ready to leave for the dedication of the Draper Temple, one of my white handkerchiefs came up missing. I ran down to my sewing machine with another handkerchief, cut out a new one, and sewed it up (zip zip). Go me!
Then last night, a new pair of pants that I got on clearance, then wore once, had the hem come out of the bottom. Rather than sitting it on my sewing machine and leaving it for days (or weeks or months), I pulled out the needle and thread and sewed them right up--good as new (maybe better)!
Next project . . . curtains for my kitchen. Thanks mom, for making me learn to sew, and buying me a sewing machine for my birthday one year when I'm sure I was not appreciative, and for supporting me in my domestic endeavors. :)
Wednesday, March 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)














2 comments:
I am learning to sew too! How fun. My next goal is to take a block of the month club and learn to quilt! My MIL gave me a sewing machine for Christmas. Love it!
You go girl!! I have a huge sewing project going on, watch the blog to see if I accomplish it in time.
Post a Comment