First, Connor had two milestones. He went to visit the pediatric surgeons and found out he has an umbilical granuloma on his belly button. Basically, his umbilical cord did not come off completely, and now skin has grown over it (recall the oozing for weeks after it fell off). So they could operate (a minor procedure, but they would have to put him out), but they say it's mostly cosmetic and shouldn't cause him any problems. We're still deciding what to do.
Another big milestone was that he started "real food." Okay, it's just rice cereal, but he can't get enough (as you can see). He has been begging at the table for weeks for anything I'm eating, so we pulled out the high chair and he scarfed it down. I'm hoping it will keep him full a little longer (especially at night). We'll see . . .

I had a big training this past weekend that went well, the girls took dance photos (although Aspen refused to smile, so I'm thinking of just having Dennis take som here), and we had Stake Conference, which was wonderful. Shaylee also had her SEOP for 9th grade--I'm going to have one in high school--AAAHHH!I think that's about it. This is a cute photo of Aspen with our next door neighbor, Nikki. They were enjoying some of her play jewelry that was a prize for potty training. We are so sad Nikki and her family are moving this week!!!
This is Nikki's mom Lin with Connor.
Shaylee studying hard for the end of the term (it's a sad tribute to our school system that Devin could miss 3 days of school and not have anything to make up). On the other hand, I was bitter with Shaylee's teachers because we tried to get her work before hand so we could have it done, but they made her come in after the fact and cram it all in the day before the end of the term. Ugh. She was a trooper, however, and got it all done and probably pulled straight A's.















No comments:
Post a Comment