Monday the kids didn't have school, so we had dentist appointments instead (what fun!). Okay, so they didn't think so. Shay had one small cavity and Devin (the problem child) had to have a tooth extracted. That means we get to go back again next week to have Shay's cavity filled and a space maintainer put in Devin's mouth. Aspen and I were fine. I think Dennis is going to have his wisdom teeth removed (finally). He also has a couple of fillings that are coming out. Ugh.
That night Devin had a basketball game and then we took everyone miniature golfing at Trafalga for FHE. We all really needed to get out of the house, and I figured miniature golfing we weren't very close to anyone else to give or get germs.
Connor went back to the doctor on Tuesday. He is a big boy (like we didn't know that). He is off the charts for height, and he weighs almost 17 lbs. Obviously his sickness has not stunted his growth any. Unfortunately, for those of you remember way back when in November when his cord fell off, it never healed (kept oozing), so I had to take him in and have it cauterized. Well, I guess that caused what looks like a cyst to form on his belly button, so I have to take him to the pediatric surgeons from Primary Children's hospital next week to see if he has to have surgery to have it removed. They hold a clinic at Utah Valley Regional Medical Center once a week. I told the doctor if we had to have it removed, I wanted it taken care of now while he was little.
That night I wanted to attend the RS Bday dinner, but Dennis had planning commission, Shaylee had dance class, and Devin had basketball practice. That left me home hangin' with the youngest two. Oh well. These are cute pics of me reading to the kids before nap time and Aspen reading to Connor.


I worked Thursday, and then this morning I had my annual physical (lovely). Everything went just fine, so it's nice to have that over for the year. :-)
Our great news is that Aspen hasn't had any accident in days. She even went to the bathroom twice this morning at IHOP--whoa! I finally succombed to bribery and got Aspen a sticker chart . . . she puts a sticker on every time she goes to the bathroom and then after 5 stickers she gets a "prize." This is her "mermaid" puzzle she got for one of her prizes. She can put it together all by herself!


A cute pic of Dennis and Aspen (he's always behind the camera, so I took a picture of him for a change).















No comments:
Post a Comment