Monday, March 31, 2008

March 31, 2008

I have some of the cutest pictures from this weekend (we finally celebrated Easter with both of our families), but I haven't yet downloaded them, so you'll have to wait. I did want to celebrate a couple of milestones. First, Connor cut a tooth today--woo hoo! Well, I'm actually not positive about the "woo hoo," but it's exciting nonetheless. It's on the bottom, and I can't see it yet, but I can feel it! He has also been sleeping through the night--another woo hoo! He has also been eating more quickly. It's amazing what having a couple more hours (literally) in my day that I am not nursing leaves me time for. I had so much time today (ha ha) that I made a divine curry chicken and rice dish with homemade rolls, fresh steamed asparagus, and deviled eggs. YUM! I was going to make cream puffs for dessert, but our home teachers (bless their souls) sent their wife/mom over with yummy rice crispy treats topped with chocolate--thanks Pam! So I'll make cream puffs for FHE next week.

For FHE tonight we talked about the upcoming conference and how to get the most out of it. We talked about praying for the speakers (beforehand), writing down impressions (during conference), and then reading the Ensign (afterward) to remind us and help us follow through on the things the prophet asks us to do. Here's hoping!

The deviled eggs tonight reminded me that I didn't mention egg coloring from Easter weekend. Aspen had a ball. First she colored all her eggs pink, then she started coloring Shaylee's eggs pink (the eggs Shaylee had already colored), so we convinced her to color her own eggs again. Well, the only color she would put them in was blue so they would turn purple. They were well-colored eggs, which was evident after I peeled them and there were color remnants on the whites inside. They still tasted great!

This past weekend Shaylee and I had the opportunity to attend the Young Women General Broadcast at the Conference Center. It was such an amazing feeling to stand as President Monson, the new prophet, entered the room. His spirit of love and affection for those young women was so apparent. I loved the theme of "standing strong and immovable." I hope Shaylee got as much out of it as I did.

No comments: