Friday, March 21, 2008

New Pics

Okay, so some of these are old, but I finally got them off my camera (I think I had 85 that I hadn't ever put on my computer--yikes!). Remember, this is not Dennis taking pictures with his fancy shmancy camera; this is Shauna trying to record precious moments with the fam (plus, my camera fits in the diaper bag).

These first pictures are old (4 months, actually), because they were taken the week before Connor was born (notice there are no pictures of me!). My brother Mark and his family were up visiting from Texas and he asked me if I could arrange to have the baby while he was in town. Boy how I would have loved to oblige! So this is us taking Aspen and his two girls (Maddie and Sydnie) to Jump On It! For those of you who haven't been there, it's this awesome warehouse with 40 wall-t0-wall trampolines (some mounted against the wall, etc.) plus blow-up slides, etc. for the little kids. What a party! Yes, I should not admit to jumping on a trampoline at 39+ weeks pregnant, but I would have tried anything. Luckily, Connor came the day before Mark left (unluckily, his wife and girls were sick, so they did not get to come to the hospital and only saw pictures).

This is Aspen on the slide (her favorite thing there).


Aspen's cousin Sydnie.

Aspen again :-)

Aspen and Sydnie with Uncle Mark. Can you see the adoring look on Aspen's face? She couldn't get enough of him!!!

Aspen and mommy at nap time (Aspen looks like she's napping, huh?).

This picture is one of my favorites . . . this is Aspen in her swimming suit ready to "shovel snow." Uh huh. First, there was a blizzard outside, so there was no way we were going out to shovel. Second, a swim suit?!?! This child has some serious clothing issues (reference previous post with photo of her "ready for church" in underwear and snow boots). We're working on it.

This quality photo of Dennis is taken at my parent's house the night Aspen got the flu and puked all over him. Poor guy! And he's still smiling . . . what a trooper! I'm just amazed my dad still had those fashionable red sweats hanging around.

Ahh, the miniature golf trip I promised photos of (dangling participle, yikes!). Anyway, this was our FHE activity a couple weeks ago and we had a blast.

Aspen would hit the ball from the start, then pick it up from wherever it landed, place it next to the hole, and putt it in. She is an excellent putter (especially from 2 inches).


Daddy helped Aspen a bit.

Can't even miniature golf without the blue tooth . . . it's a sad commentary on life in these United States.

Devin looking ferocious about his putt.

I think he made it!

Shaylee's idea of putting was to swing wildly until it eventually fell in the hole or we just gave her "6."

Ahh yes, mom miniature golfing one handed while carrying Connor, asleep, in a belly pack. Lovely. I even came in second!

Not sure why we took these naked photos of Connor, but he seems pretty happy about the whole thing.


This is "FHE" later the same week as miniature golf. Every month we hold FHE with Dennis' brother Jeremy and his family, and Dennis' sister Wendy and her family. We rotate houses, but Jeremy's house is a construction zone right now (they're finishing the basement), so we went bowling instead. Dennis' sister Alicia came with her man, and his parents came as well. It was a lot of fun.
The crew.

Devin winds up.

Shaylee was a pro!

Aspen loved bumpers and the cute rolly thing that helped her get the ball going.


Aspen with Uncle Nick and cousin Ellie.

Mom helping Aspen (she bowled for both Dennis and I and grandpa--I don't think my score would have been any better if I'd bowled it myself, seeing as I've never broken 100). Frightening, huh?

That's all for now. More later on our fun trip to St. George, Connor's doctor appointment, etc. I have to get the "quality" photos off Dennis' camera. :-)

No comments: