Friday, July 25, 2008

Happy Pioneer Day!

To celebrate Pioneer Day (and the fact that neither Dennis nor I had to work), we decided to head camping at Buraston Ponds (a fond memory from my youth). Even better, it's in Mona by where Dennis' sister Jeanette lives, so they came by in the evening to hang out and play games (and bring us flashlights--oops!--I had a lantern, just not flashlights). Unfortunately, we thought Connor was a lousy camper--turns out he's teething and has been running a fever of 101 since we got back. Poor kid! So lucky mom got to hang out at the tent with him and read (one of my favorite activities anyway). Shaylee has been recently obssessed with the Twilight series, so I read Twilight and am halfway through New Moon. They're interesting, I'll admit, but I'm not obssessed (and you will not find me at Barnes & Noble at midnight to get the 4th book next week). Anyway, I digress (I was not obssessed with Harry Potter, either, but Dennis was). So here is a picture of me reading and Connor chewing on a weed (and really enjoying it).



We really had a great time (can you see the family bonding going on here?).

Aspen, always the happy camper . . .



Is it possible to look like a super model even while camping? Apparently so!

Connor enjoying his drink.

Devin enjoying his tin foil dinner (I prepared them at home and then we cooked them as soon as we got there while setting up camp).


Our fire (Devin is a true pyro):

The ponds on Thursday (this would be the part where I hung out at the tent with a sick boy):




















No comments: