Thursday, October 30, 2008

Walking

So Connor has decided that now that he's 1 and all, that walking is AOK. That's fine with mom (I have been worried he wouldn't walk before we left on our cruise next month & then he would walk for Grandma & Grandpa without me). He took 2 steps at the park yesterday (on wood chips, no less), and then 4 steps to walk to me today, and he's letting go of things and taking a few steps before crawling. Woo hoo!!!

I have been SO SICK the past couple of days, but I wanted to blog about what I did on my "sick day" yesterday. Slept in until 6:45 a.m. Got up for family scripture study. Went back to bed at 7:30 a.m. and got up at 8:20 a.m. to dress Aspen, do her hair, and feed her before she got picked up for preschool. Got myself and Connor ready for the day, then played for 45 minutes until 9:30 a.m. He went down for a nap and I worked until 11 a.m. when I went to pick up Aspen from preschool. Came home, made & ate lunch, then headed to the park to enjoy the beautiful fall day the Lord blessed us with (see darling park pictures below). Played at the park for 45 minutes, then came home and read books and put kids down for naps. Worked until Devin got home from school, visited with him, checked homework, etc., then worked while Devin read until Shaylee got home. Visited with her, made dinner & put it in the oven, then embarked on a 3-hour algebra journey (woo hoo!). Finished dinner, served a healthy, nutritious meal to my family, then finished algebra before playing with Aspen and Connor and then putting them in the bath. Connor went to bed & Aspen played with Dennis while I worked (again) until about 10:30 p.m. last night. I worked about 7 hours, but still spent a lot of time with my family, and somewhere in there I washed & folded two batches of laundry, had my family fed and clean. WHEW!!! And I was SICK!!!

Check out these darling park pics:













This is Aspen in her Halloween costume at her dance class on Tuesday:



No comments: