So this weekend we had the first snow storm of the season (we only woke up to an inch of snow on the grass, and Devin was thrilled it wasn't sticking to the driveway so he didn't have to shovel before 9 a.m. church). Our friends up north got to shovel out of a foot of snow (sorry folks!).Anyway, we had some other fun firsts. Connor has mastered the stairs (thank heavens, because he was crawling over my baby gate and terrifying me!) and thrills at going up and down, up and down. The other day, I was helping Shaylee with her algebra in the kitchen and he was playing on the stairs. Then, I didn't hear him anymore, so I figured he'd gone exploring in the basement. I went to check it out but couldn't find him anywhere. Shaylee called from upstairs that she'd found him--he was sitting in Aspen's room, surrounded by a pile of books, "reading." SO CUTE!!!
Aspen read her first book this weekend (for those of you who are keeping track, she turned 3 the first part of August). Yes, this is quite young to be reading, but she's pretty amazing at sounding out words (and she loves it!).
Devin had a last . . . the last soccer game of the season. He scored a goal every game, and most games it was either the first goal or the winning goal. Way to go bud! He's sad the season is over but is looking forward to basketball.
Shaylee spent 7 hours this weekend cleaning the house of a woman I visit teach who has been in and out of the hospital all month. She has a couple of pets and was in serious need of some carpet cleaning, etc. Dennis, Shaylee, and Devin took on the challenge for one of Shaylee's Young Women's project while Marva stayed here with Aspen, Connor and I. What an adventure! Shaylee may never clean again.














No comments:
Post a Comment