Saturday, January 24, 2009

Feeling Old

After spending Wednesday night with quadratric equations (yes, I can tell you how to find the y-intercepts, x-intercepts, vertex, and line of symmetry--and so can Shaylee because she passed her test), Shaylee and I spent Thursday at an open house for the new high school she will attend next year. YIKES! I know she's been in high school, technically, this year, but it seems more real when they're actually attending the high school. We attended breakout sessions on registration, planning your schedule, a new study skills class they're offering, the ACT, scholarships, etc. I am not ready for this. Shaylee, on the other hand, is taking it like a pro. She's looking at her schedule and the credits she needs, and trying to figure out how to get the most out of her high school experience while preparing herself for college. You go girl! We've discussed job possibilities (both short-term and long-term career options), colleges, majors, etc. She is one on-the-ball kid. She is also trying out for the drill and dance teams (wants drill more, but decided to keep her options open), and is excited to get involved in some clubs, etc. for leadership experience. I know she's gonna be great, and hopefully I'll feel more like a pro when I get around to Devin, Aspen, and Connor. Sorry Shay! Sometimes it's rough to be the guinea pig (trust me, I know).

No comments: