Sunday, March 23, 2008

St. George

So we had a great time in St. George this past week. I had Adult Ed. meetings Monday-Wednesday, and Dennis decided he could visit some car dealerships (what else), so we decided to take all the kids and make a week of it. The best part was that once I got out of meetings I got to play with my family (no work, no homework, just pure fun and enjoyment). We stayed at the Best Western Abbey Inn (delicious full breakfast--eggs, bacon, sausage, oatmeal, waffles, cereal, yogurt, fruit, etc.). Can I say I would highly recommend it? For the kids, there was a pool, and they spent every second Dennis and I could spare in that pool. Aspen especially enjoyed the "kiddie" pool. Dennis and I loved the hot tub at about 10 p.m. after everyone went to bed.


We also went out for Mongolian BBQ--more yum! If you haven't tried it, you should (I've been craving it again all week). You get to pick what size bowl you want, then choose the vegetables, meats, and sauces, and they cook it up for you on this huge grill (see below).

We went with my friend Teresa, her husband Jorge, and her son Enrique. Enrique has cerebral palsy and is in a wheelchair. He can't talk, but he and Connor were communicating like none other, and I'm sure they knew each other in the preexistence.

This is how much Shaylee liked it . . .

Devin and Aspen, on the other hand, couldn't get enough!

Check out Aspen using chopsticks like a pro!


Are these these the cutest pics of Connor? Gotta love the outlet stores (that hat was a must have!). We also picked up some great deals on spring clothes for all four kids.


Every time we visit St. George we go to the Brigham Young House (at Shaylee's insistence). Funny that she seems to be the one enjoying herself the least.

While we waited for Dennis to visit some car dealerships, we explored some great art galleries and then found a park (with water!) next to the St. George Tabernacle that the kids thoroughly enjoyed.





We also found a Blue Bunny Ice Cream store that the kids could have stayed in forever (too bad I'm still off dairy and had to settle for sorbet--but it was good).

These are some cute pics of the fam we took before heading out (is my hubby a hottie or what?)









Can you tell we enjoyed green grass and flowers? Too bad we returned home to snow!!!

2 comments:

Alicia said...

Looks like a fun getaway! Send Dennis over to my house with his camera! Great shots of the kids!

Kristen said...

Everybody's blogs about St. George...I am moving there as soon as we find a job and a house down there. Wish me luck! It will probably never happen, but I can always cross my fingers.